About Healthcare Ready
Healthcare Ready is a non-profit supported by both public and private sector partners that works to ensure patient access to healthcare, including medicines, during times of disaster.
Healthcare Ready has activated its virtual Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to support healthcare and public health response operations to Hurricane Matthew.
If you would like to request assistance from Healthcare Ready email us at Alerts@HealthcareReady.org or call (866-247-2694).
Healthcare Ready is led by its Executive Director, Emily Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org and 202-714-1590) and has been operating for almost 10 years (formerly as Rx Response). Follow us on Twitter for news and publically-available updates (@HC_Ready or @HCR_Emily).
Support for Healthcare and Communities
Specific assistance includes:
- Rapid access to the right contacts in the private sector or government
- Coordination with federal, state and local officials, nonprofits and shelters to ensure coordination and assistance with access to medicine
- Coordination with HHS, FEMA, state EOCs, and private sector companies
- Assistance with donations to shelters
- Facilitating access to healthcare facilities to ensure deliveries and personnel have access into restricted areas or with resuming operations
- Sharing information and promoting the use of medicine assistance programs
- Rx Open, our free online map showing open pharmacies in affected areas, is activated for FL, GA, NC, and SC. Be sure to call the pharmacy before you leave your house or shelter.
Access and Re-entry Guidance
- We are actively tracking re-entry guidance and restrictions in all impacted states and have actionable information. Email Alerts@HealthcareReady.org for further details.
Other Healthcare Resources