Partnerships are the “Secret Sauce” of Disaster Response
September 17, 2019
As Healthcare Ready gears up for the peak of hurricane season, we’re making sure that our resources and team are in place to support the needs that might emerge. No resource is greater than the partners who make things happen.
We are proud to have such dedicated partners who continue to go above and beyond to show up for patients in crisis. As the recovery from Hurricane Dorian continues, and we work to assist those survivors as well as those who may be impacted by future events, we’re grateful for the commitment our partners have shown to helping.
So we wanted to share a public “THANK YOU” to a few special folks who have shown up and shown out in their support of our mission!
- First, a HUGE shout out to our members for always stepping up when patients are in need.
- We thank partners like Walmart for arranging donations medical products and supplies within 24 hours to make sure health clinics stay open after a hurricane.
- That also includes partners like CVS Health, who come through time and again to make sure shelters can stay stocked with medicines throughout recovery.
- We know additional private-sector partners like AmerisourceBergen, Centene, and Optum are always standing by to offer rapid solutions to critical issues during storms, fires, or anything else that threatens people's health.
- Partners in direct patient care, like HCA Healthcare, regularly offer emergency care treatment to patients after Dorian and other events.
- Tech partners, like Google and ProtectX also come through during hurricanes, providing quick tech systems and advice to help public health authorities across the US and internationally.
Thank you to our partners who help protect patients in times of calm AND during disasters like Dorian!