About Healthcare Ready
Community resilience depends upon a strong healthcare system.
This is doubly true during times of disaster.
Healthcare Ready (formerly Rx Response) helps to strengthen healthcare supply chains through collaboration with public health and private sectors by addressing pressing issues before, during, and after disasters. As the convener of industry and government, we safeguard patient health by providing solutions to critical problems.
And, we provide best practices for healthcare preparedness and response.
Building the resiliency of our communities supports health and creates economic strength so that if disaster strikes quality of life returns to normal as fast as possible. Working together we ensure that we are stronger than the next disaster.
Healthcare Ready leverages unique relationships with government, nonprofit and medical supply chains to build and enhance the resiliency of communities before, during and after disasters.
Click here to learn more about Healthcare Ready’s history
Our pillars reflect Healthcare Ready’s guiding principles and areas of work. Guided by our mission to build and enhance the resiliency of communities’ healthcare systems before, during and after natural disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and man-made events, Healthcare Ready’s pillars were selected to reflect the lifecycle of preparedness. The three R’s of Healthcare Ready are:
- Resilience: Improve communities’ resilience and disaster and infectious disease preparedness by proactively solving recurring and emerging challenges, sharing best practices, and fostering cross-sector relationships at all times.
- Response: Increase communities’ crisis response capabilities by identifying and working to solve critical issues, bridging response organizations and private sector partners, and serving as a trusted resource for information sharing, coordination, and expertise during disasters and pandemics.
- Recovery: Assist communities’ recovery from disasters and infectious disease outbreaks by fostering collaboration, identifying and promoting lessons learned, and assisting community economic recovery.
Our core values detail what we stand for. They are the essential tenets that guide Healthcare Ready’s decision-making. Our values are:
- Knowledge Sharing: We educate and train policymakers and private sector representatives to create comprehensive healthcare resilience;
- Sector Bridging: We work to share information, and act as a bridge, between the public and private sectors;
- Community-focused: We recognize the critical need to protect and assist patients and communities;
- Nonpartisan: We welcome all viewpoints and focus on commonalities instead of partisanship;
- Data-driven: We recognize the need for and value of policies informed by rigorous data analysis, and implement it in our practices and projects;
- Realistic Solution Provider: We develop solutions that recognize economic realities, can be realistically implemented, and are sustainable;
- Partner-focused: We anchor our work in issues aligning to our mission that are important to our partners and donors; and
- Agile: We believe that in order to be the best possible partners to our donors, we must constantly review and streamline our operations for maximum efficiency and responsiveness.