Residents navigate flooded streets in devastated Puerto Rico.
Photo credit: Carl Juste, Miami Herald
About Healthcare Ready
Healthcare Ready is a non-profit supported by both public and private sector partners that works to ensure patient access to healthcare, including medicines, during times of disaster.
Healthcare Ready has activated its virtual Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to support healthcare and public health response operations to Hurricane Maria.
If you would like to request assistance from Healthcare Ready email us at Alerts@HealthcareReady.org or call (866-247-2694).
Media Inquiries: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for Healthcare and Communities
Specific assistance includes:
- Rapid access to the right contacts in the private sector or government
- Coordination with federal, state and local officials, nonprofits and shelters to ensure coordination and assistance with access to medicine
- Coordination with HHS, FEMA, state EOCs, and private sector companies
- Assistance with donations to shelters
- Facilitating access to healthcare facilities to ensure deliveries and personnel have access into restricted areas or with resuming operations
- Sharing information and promoting the use of medicine assistance programs
Healthcare Ready Situation Reports: Wednesday 9/20 | Thursday 9/21 | Friday 9/22 | Saturday 9/23 | Sunday 9/24 | Monday 9/25 | Tuesday 9/26 | Wednesday 9/27 | Thursday 9/28 | Friday 9/29 | Saturday 9/30 | Sunday 10/1 | Tuesday 10/3 | Thursday 10/5 | Monday 10/9 | Wednesday 10/11
Partner Situation Reports (Sit Reps) and Resources
Rx Open: A free map that displays the operating status of pharmacies in disaster-impacted areas.
Pharmacy Status Unknown
Non Participating Pharmacy
USVI pharmacy status information is available upon request
Puerto Rico Resources:
(Please be advised that government sites might be down because of power loss in Puerto Rico)
Emergency Management Information
Government Resources for those abroad in the Caribbean:
U.S. Embassies and Consulates information:
The Dominican Republic:
State Department requests for assistance and information: Task Force Alert and select “2017 Storm Maria”
If that does not work, email MariaEmergencyUSC@state.gov and provide as much information as possible
Dominica: List of shelters in Dominica
St. Kitts: List of shelters
Sint Maarten: The following shelters open at 5 pm on September 18
- St. Maarten Academy School Gym (St. Peters)
- Dutch Quarter Community Center (Dutch Quarter)
- Belvedere Primary School (Belvedere)
- National Institute for Professional Advancement (NIPA, Cay Hill)
- Leonard Connor School (Cay Bay)
- MAC School, (St. John’s Estate)
- Little League Ball Park, (Pond Island)
- St. Eustatius: There is a hurricane shelter in the basement of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Hurricane Recovery Resources
Support Healthcare Ready Response to Maria
Healthcare Ready is a non-profit organization that operates on the generous donations of our partners and members. If you would like to support us please send checks to:
950 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004